Need help with EAP-MSCHAPv2 config

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 11 02:16:56 CET 2020

On Feb 10, 2020, at 5:29 PM, Yongqiang He <thehyq at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to freeradius and hope someone here can help me with my setup.
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Here is what i got when running radiusd with -X option:

  No... you got a lot more than that.  We will need ALL of the debug output to see what's going on.

> If i run: radtest -t mschap ..., everything seems fine and it output 'Received
> Access-Accept'. I guess its because the radtest is running with mschap, and
> my client above is using mschapv2. I can't figure out what config i should
> do with mschapv2.

  Don't guess.  Read the debug output.  Compare the debug output between the two kinds of authentication.  What's different?

> The radius is running with mysql. user and password are insert to with
> sql: INSERT
> INTO `radcheck` VALUES
> (2,'testing','Cleartext-Password',':=','testuser_mypass');

  The piece of debug output that you posted shows *nothing* about SQL.  Is it even querying the SQL server?