Vendor Extended attributes for freeradius dictionary acme

Bill Schartner bill.schartner at oracle.com
Wed Jan 8 03:57:38 CET 2020

Hello,
     I am running freeradius 3.0.13 and recently upgraded from 2.2.6 in order to use the extended attributes as specified in RFC6929. I have the new radius working fine.

    Oracle has defined a new VSA attribute with number 249 for the acme dictionary and some additional extended attributes to address avp depletion in the dictionary.    It looks like the acme dictionary for freeradius is not up to date so we may need to eventually resync them.

What I am trying to do is add VSA 249 to the acme dictionary as type evs and then add 14 additional attributes to an additional file called dictionary.acme.extended.
I'm not sure if this is the right procedure.

These additional attributes I plan to add to the dictionary.acme.extended file:

AVP-Name VSA Id number x-attr-type Version
Acme-PGW-IP-Address 249 1 1
Acme-SGW-IP-Address 249 2 1
Acme-Visited-Network-Identifier 249 3 1
Acme-Originating-IOI 249 4 1