rlm_python learnings - PAP and MSCHAPv2

Lang, Russell Russell.Lang at team.telstra.com
Fri Jan 17 06:25:22 CET 2020

> Why are you trying to use PAP to process MSCHAP data?

I'm not.  PAP is used for WPA2-Personal clients, and PEAP/MSCHAPv2 for WPA2-Enterprise.
We need to authenticate both with the NT-Password.

> Set control:NT-Password in your rest response and use the MSCHAP module to process MSCHAP data...

rlm_rest.c won't authenticate unless User-Password is available.
Are you saying that the REST authorize can return the NT-Password in the JSON repsonse, and let FreeRADIUS handle both PAP and PEAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication?

Is there a quick way to get all attributes passed to the REST API?
The following rest config gives an empty body to the POST:
	authorize {
		uri = "http://nginx:8000/radiusRest?action=authorize"
		method = 'post'
		body = 'post'
	}

[External Email] This email was sent from outside the organisation – be cautious, particularly with links and attachments.

Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> FreeRADIUS Development Team

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html