[EXTERNAL] Re: FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE-p5, freeRADIUS 3.0.20, openssl 1.1.1d -> segfault

Winfield, Alister Alister.Winfield at sky.uk
Tue Jan 21 16:15:14 CET 2020

Far more fun is when a dynamically loaded library pulls in a dependency only when it finds it needs it. Working, working, loads lib....random time later ... boooom.

*shudder*

A.

On 21/01/2020, 13:00, "Freeradius-Users on behalf of Alan DeKok" <freeradius-users-bounces+alister.winfield=sky.uk at lists.freeradius.org on behalf of aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

    On Jan 21, 2020, at 7:56 AM, Ferdinand Goldmann <Ferdinand.Goldmann at jku.at> wrote:
    > Using the backtrace from gdb I was able to find the culprit: the
    > openldap-client. :-(
    >
    > While the updated freeRADIUS server was compiled against openssl 1.1.1d
    > from the FreeBSD ports tree, the openldap-client was compiled against
    > openssl 1.0.2s from the base system. This led to the segmentation violation.

      Yeah, that will cause issues.  The Unix shared library system is atrociously broken.

    > Once I re-installed openldap-client compiled against openssl 1.1.1d from the
    > ports tree radiusd started just fine.

      Good to hear.

      Alan DeKok.

    -
    List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freeradius.org%2Flist%2Fusers.html&data=02%7C01%7Calister.winfield%40sky.uk%7C5ead711b658c4079354f08d79e71e87c%7C68b865d5cf184b2b82a4a4eddb9c5237%7C0%7C0%7C637152084376576045&sdata=RD03d%2BTE8IJbrmwpqWTNt6Z7k0ExzvmRVZpyfgYU%2B1Y%3D&reserved=0
    This email is from an external source. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin. Phishing attempts can be reported by sending them to phishing at sky.uk as attachments. Thank you

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the SKY marks are trademarks of Sky Limited and Sky International AG and are used under licence.

Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075), Sky Subscribers Services Limited (Registration No. 2340150) and Sky CP Limited (Registration No. 9513259) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of Sky Limited (Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD