Issue with building eapol_test for EAP-AKA testing with FreeRadius Server on MacOS Mojave

Arindam Gupta (arindamg) arindamg at cisco.com
Tue Jan 21 18:46:28 CET 2020

Thank you /K, let me try, in case you have additional references w.r.t. sending EAP-AKA authentication requests using eapol_test please share

On 21/01/20, 7:15 PM, "Kristofer Hallin" <kristofer at sunet.se> wrote:

    That sounds really painful. Instead of even trying to build eapol_test on MacOS I resorted to using Docker. A simple Dockerfile, like this, builds eapol_test for you:

    — CUT ---
    FROM debian:buster

    RUN apt update; apt install -y make gcc wget pkg-config libssl-dev libdbus-1-dev libnl-3-dev libnl-genl-3-dev
    RUN wget http://w1.fi/releases/wpa_supplicant-2.9.tar.gz -O wpa_supplicant.tar.gz
    RUN tar xzf wpa_supplicant.tar.gz

    WORKDIR wpa_supplicant-2.9/wpa_supplicant

    RUN cp defconfig .config
    RUN sed -i 's/#CONFIG_EAPOL_TEST=y/CONFIG_EAPOL_TEST=y/' .config
    RUN make eapol_test
    RUN cp eapol_test /usr/local/bin/
    — CUT ---

    To build it using Docker simply do: 'docker build -t eapol_test .’ and at last, starting the container:  'docker run -it --entrypoint bash eapol_test’ and you now have a fully working eapol_test and can do whatever tests you want without having to deal with MacOS.

    /K