Ignoring request to auth address *

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 22 13:31:54 CET 2020

On Jan 22, 2020, at 2:48 AM, James Ngo <james.ngobui at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am newbie with Freeradius so hopefully, you could extend your patience
> with my question
>
> I setup FreeRadius server on Ubuntu 18.04. Update and everything went OK.
>
> Setup the client and user all OK

  That's good.

> In the sudo freeradius -X, the status keeps saying
>
> ----Ignoring request to auth address * port 1812 bound to server default
> from unknown client 192.168.x.xxx  port xxxxx ----

  The client isn't listed in the clients.conf file.

> I have allowed the ufw as

  If the server says "unknown client", then the firewall is passing packets correctly.

> My Client is the Access point, as in the "client.conf" file
>
> Client AP {
> ipaddr = 192.168.x.xxx
> secret = test111
> }
>
> Any idea what I am missing in here?

  Either you're editing the wrong file, or the IP addresses don't match.

  Run the server in debugging mode, and read ALL of the output.  It will print out the client configuration, including IP addresses of all clients.