run script on dhcp events

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 27 13:50:58 CET 2020

On Jan 27, 2020, at 1:33 AM, Семёнов Евгений Владимирович <sem at unn.ru> wrote:
> In this case, the DHCP release will never occur, so I asked how the script could be executed when the server decides that the client is lost and marks its IP address as unoccupied.

  As I said in my first response, no.  The server does not decide that the client is lost.  The IP simply expires.  And then is reallocated at some later time.

  You can write a cron job which scans the database for expired IPs, and then does something when it sees them.  This can't be done inside of FreeRADIUS.