Tarballs

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 6 03:24:43 CEST 2020

On Jul 5, 2020, at 9:10 PM, Adam Bishop <Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:

> Are the tarballs from ftp.freeradius.org mirrored anywhere using HTTP that isn't GitHub?

  Not right now.

> The GitHub tarballs have a differently named root folder, so the signature checking is failing. Hashes show they're different:

  Yes.  We create our own tarballs and sign those.  When we tag a release, GitHub *also* creates it's own tarballs, which are different.

  GitHub doesn't seem to have a way to upload our own tarballs.  And TBH, I won't sign random things created by a third party.

  We'll take a look at exposing the FTP site via HTTP.