Kicking Out Clients

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 15 17:20:04 CEST 2020

On Jul 15, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Eric Aguilar <agueric at gmail.com> wrote:
> I’m using Grandstream and Aruba APs. I’m trying to kick out clients from
> Wifi from Radius and also I’m trying to setup the timeout from Radius.

  Set Session-Timeout in the reply, to timeout in seconds.  The NAS / AP will kick the users offline.

> Could you guide me on how to do this? if you could point me out into the
> right documentation.

  You can use "radclient" to send Disconnect-Request packets to the NAS.  See "man radclient" for how it works.  And see your AP documentation for which attributes are necessary in the Disconnect-Request packet.

  If you're putting accounting data into SQL, you can use 3.0.21, and read sites-available/coa-relay.  This makes it much easier to send disconnect packets.  Again, that file is fully documented.