Config file include order bug?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 16 14:29:09 CEST 2020

On Jul 16, 2020, at 5:11 AM, Sven Hartge <sven at svenhartge.de> wrote:

> On 15.07.20 17:54, Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>>   Sure.  The larger issue is that I tested it on OSX, and scandir() returns *duplicates*.  i.e. it seems to randomly return the same file multiple times.  So that's useless.
>
> Hmm. When was the last time you tested this?

  5 minutes before I replied.

> I don't doubt your findings but a colleague and I were not able to reproduce this on a current OSX system, no duplicate entries could be provoked.

  I sorted the entries using the alphasort() function.  It was pretty definitive.  One directory had one file in it, and scandir() returned an array of 3 entries, all of the same filename.

  For reading mods-enabled/, it randomly returned duplicates.

  It's pretty difficult to get scandir() wrong, or to use it wrong.  If the directory has one file and scandir() returns 3, well, that's a problem.