Converting from GNU radius for a computone Client and an OpenVPN client using port 1645

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 19 20:10:42 CEST 2020

On Jun 19, 2020, at 2:04 PM, The Doctor <doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>>   i.e. you deleted everything in the "authorize" section.
>
> Never touched the original files.

  Not true.

  If you start the server using the default configuration files, it will NEVER produce the message:

"Empty authorize section.  Using default return values."

  The ONLY time it produces that message is when the default configuration files (a) aren't used, or (b) have been edited.

> WEll I have been at it for 3 weeks.
>
> Let's go to where is authorize section should be.

  Throw away all of the work you've done.  It's wrong.  It should take about a day to convert the GNU radius configuration you posted to the list.

  Go back to the default configuration files for FreeRADIUS.  Make ONE change.  i.e. edit the clients.conf file to add a client.  Then start the server, and see if it works.  Test ONE thing at a time.

  This is what "man radiusd" says to do.  I know, because I wrote it.  I wrote it because too many people butchered everything in the default config, and then posted on the list saying "I edited everything, and now it doesn't work".

  Use the default config.  Make small changes.  It WILL work.