A question - User Auth etc

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.nz
Wed Jun 24 20:26:42 CEST 2020

I had a similar problem at my old role.

What I talked about doing would be to create a dummy virtual network on the
BNG that didn’t route anywhere.

Then have a single host even a Raspberry Pi would do with DNS and a web
server.
On the dns have the Microsoft / Apple / google redirect dns domains all
pointing to your Pi for a web server

Then on the web server have a singe page saying the config on your router
is wrong and you need to fix it.

I provided it worked fine and expected in the lab but we never deployed it
into production as no one wanted to fund buying a server for it and we
weren’t allowed to use unsupported hardware such as a Pi in the core.

But that is how you solve it.