ios forget password from ldap

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 4 14:18:14 CET 2020

On Mar 4, 2020, at 4:54 AM, Сергей Черевко via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> What you say about iOS devices with freeradius and unifi? Many people in our office saying their iOS devices forgot password from ldap account and every week (or few days) they write again and again their passwоrds to connect to the network (which is saved on they devices and must remeber credentials and automaticly connect as soon as they walk in office)
>
> Unifi — freeradius — ldap
>
> i use ttls+pap
>
> who guilty in this case?

  I haven't seen iOS regularly forget passwords.  It's pretty good.

  There are other options here:

* the WiFi is bad, and loses packets.  Users sometimes can't authenticate, so iOS says "maybe the password is wrong?" and asks the user for it again

* the connection between FreeRADIUS and LDAP is bad, or the LDAP server is down for periods of time.  So FreeRADIUS can't authenticate the user, and returns reject.  Which makes iOS think that the password is wrong