DHCP configuration using freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 10 14:41:37 CET 2020

On Mar 10, 2020, at 9:33 AM, kabin mool <kabin_mool at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I read the document but I am not getting the concept.

  Of... what?

> I want to provide static IP using DHCP of free radius. Authorization part is working now need the step to provide static IP using DHCP as well.

  The document shows an example of assigning a static IP.

  What part of that is unclear?

> Can you provide me the steps for this?

  Apparently not.  The documentation should be clear.

  In order to understand the document, you need to know how DHCP works.  FreeRADIUS isn't a "point and click GUI" that does everything for you.  You have to understand the technical details of the protocol.  This includes what packets arrive when and where.  This includes what's in the packets.

  If you can't understand the text I already wrote in that document, I'm not sure what else I can write that will help.  I suggest reading up on how DHCP works.