DHCP configuration using freeradius

kabin mool kabin_mool at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:18:52 CET 2020

hi Alan,

Let me explain for the beginning

Initially I started with the small configuration using client.conf and user.conf and my authorization is working then I integrate with mysql database and it is working as well now .

Sent Access-Request Id 193 from 0.0.0.0:45678 to 192.168.100.73:1812 length 75
        User-Name = "kabin"
        User-Password = "kabin"
        NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
        NAS-Port = 1001
        Message-Authenticator = 0x00
        Cleartext-Password = "kabin"
Received Access-Accept Id 193 from 192.168.100.73:1812 to 0.0.0.0:0 length 20

Now, i want to try dhcp static IP assignment whenever this user is used.

I am using this document :  https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/dhcp-for-static-ip-allocation#let-s-start_prepare-mysql-database

guide/dhcp for static ip allocation - FreeRADIUS<https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/dhcp-for-static-ip-allocation#let-s-start_prepare-mysql-database>
Why using Freeradius as a DHCP instead of the traditional ISC DHCP server?-Because it has the possibility to manage IP's configuration of each host directly from a DB, while ISC only accepts text archives.
wiki.freeradius.org

I using centos and this document is for ubuntu and got confused on

[cid:5eb5fc0f-68ce-4b1a-9b96-ec1a1afbdb20]

Can you help me on this ?

Kabin