Freeradius 3.0.19 causes 'acctterminatecause' cannot be null

Houman houmie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 23:45:32 CET 2020

Hello,

I'm using Freeradius 3.0.19 on Ubuntu 19.10.
The default schema in
/etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/schema.sql doesn't seem to
work.  I get the following error message, when connecting with my NAS.

(3) sql: ERROR: rlm_sql_mysql: ERROR 1048 (Column 'acctterminatecause'
cannot be null): 23000

I have attached the detailed log.

Fun fact, when I drop the radius_db and use the schema.sql from Freeradius
3.0.16 and also replace the queries.sql with the older version.

cp queries.conf /etc/freeradius/3.0/mods-config/sql/main/mysql/

It works without any problem. So whatever it is it has something to do with
the 3.0.19.
I also experience the same problem with the latest Freeradius 3.0.20

Help would be kindly appreciated as I'm really stuck on this,
Many Thanks,
Houman