pass parameters to rlm_perl script in a redundant setup

Cornelius Kölbel cornelius.koelbel at netknights.it
Sat Mar 21 20:47:20 CET 2020

Hi Alan,

thanks for the response.

Am Samstag, den 21.03.2020, 14:31 -0400 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> On Mar 21, 2020, at 2:05 PM, Cornelius Kölbel via Freeradius-Users <
> freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> > The redundant and redundant-load-balance setting is totally
> > awesome.
> > I would like to run perl modules in a redundant configuration.
> >
> > redundant {
> >   perl-auth-A
> >   perl-auth-B
> > }
> >
> > With both being
> >
> > perl perl-auth-A {
> >    filename = /my/perl/script.pl
> > }
> >
> > perl perl-auth-B {
> >    filename = /my/perl/script.pl
> > }
> >
> > basically the same script but with two different configurations.
>
>   What do you mean by "different configurations"?  If it's the same
> file, there is no different configuration.

The script in question forwards the user credentials to a multi factor
system.
As it would be interesting to have a "redundant" or "redundant-load-
balance" setup, we need the script in one case to contact MFA-Server-A
and in the other case MFA-Server-B. (This way, the perl script does not
need to handle redundancy.)

The config helps to contact Server-A in one case and Server-B in the
other case with the same script.
Jorges link was successful.

Thanks a lot!
Cornelius