Best/simplest authentication method to validate an encrypted user/password against encrypted known-good.

Gleb Lisikh in4bit.general at gmail.com
Sat May 2 19:24:13 CEST 2020

I was able to overcome the need for Cleartext password in MSCHAPv2 EAP
inner tunnel authentication by adding python
to /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/*inner-tunnel,* as well as returning
*NT-Password* in the config return.
No other types of hashing have been otherwise recognized by mschap.

It seems like a workable solution for now, unless this would be considered
as not in line with best practices and/or will have some undesirable
consequences.

Any comments are welcome.

Thank you,

Gleb