Bulk and Active leasequeries

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 29 14:56:13 CEST 2020

> On May 29, 2020, at 3:39 AM, Ivane Porchkhidze <ivporchkhidze at silknet.com> wrote:
>
> But as I understand it, this applies to DHCP-Lease-Query (rfc4388), but I meant Active DHCPv4 Lease Query (rfc7724)

  Ah, not.  Streaming DHCPv4 leases over a TCP socket isn't supported in v3.

  It might difficult to do in v4, too.  The server is very much designed around a request / response architecture.

  I really wish that the DHCP people would stop inventing database replication.  They tried it with the ISC lease replication protocol years ago, and got it horribly wrong.  With about 10minutes work, I could get ISC into a state where it was broken, and *never* recovered.

  These active / bulk lease queries are better.  But they're still difficult to implement in FreeRADIUS.  The simplest approach may be to just have a special-purpose handler for them.