Freeradius 3 with LDAP Authentication Bind as User

Jason Leiby leibyj at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:11:19 CEST 2020

Hi Experts,

I am trying to setup my radius server to authenticate users with their AD
password.  I do not have access to our corporate Active Directory so I
cannot use Samba and winbind, I only have access to the LDAP server that
ties into AD.  Each user has read only access to LDAP so they can bind with
the correct credentials and verify the password.

I have successfully setup freeradius to connect to the LDAP server and
verify credentials as long as the ‘identity’ and ‘password’ are provided in
the ldap module.  What I would like to do is bind as the verifying user
instead of using a single account.  Scouring the internet has proven
fruitless, so I was hoping you can point me in the correct direction.  I am
happy to provide logs and configs if needed.  I would first like to confirm
that this is feasible.

Thank you,

Jason