rlm_python: Access Request source IP Address is missing from authorize(p) function argument

Gleb Lisikh in4bit.general at gmail.com
Sat May 30 05:28:22 CEST 2020

Hi!

I'd like to be able to work in my python authorize function with the IP
address of the NAS interface from which Access-Request is received
(external). From the radiusd -X output this is the A1.A2.A3.A4 address I am
interested in.
Received Access-Request Id 7 from A1.A2.A3.A4:54594 to B1.B2.B3.B4:1812
length 415
This is the same IP address that gets tested against shared secret
configured in clients.conf

Unfortunately, the tuple (p) that gets passed to the authorize function
(authorize(p)) by rlm_python has a different (internal) NAS-IP-Address,
which is of no use to me.

If radiusd is in principle aware of the A1.A2.A3.A4  IP address I am
interested in, how can I gain  access to it in my python authorize(p) or
any other function?

Thank you,

Gleb