linelog permission issue

lingctam lingctam at hku.hk
Thu Nov 12 12:37:52 CET 2020

Dear all,

My client authentications keep failing due to linelog permissions issues:

Thu Nov 12 19:22:15 2020 : Auth: (58)   Login OK: [xxxxxxxxxxxxxx at anon.com] (from client xxxxxxxxxx port 0 via TLS tunnel)
Thu Nov 12 19:22:15 2020 : Error: rlm_linelog: Failed to open /radius/log/linelog-20201112: Permission denied
Thu Nov 12 19:22:15 2020 : Error: rlm_linelog: Failed to open /radius/log/linelog-20201112: Permission denied
Thu Nov 12 19:22:15 2020 : Auth: (59) Rejected in post-auth: [xxxxxxxxxxx at anon.com] (from client xxxxxxxxxxxx port 13 cli 0ec84fa38cad)

There are no issues writing into authentication, accounting, and reply logs. I have set 660 permissions for the linelog module as well. Could someone please help? Or offer a way to bypass this?

Authentications are fine once linelog has been commented out in the virtual server configs... but having the linelog would help immensely in monitoring the authentications coming in the hundreds per minute.

Thanks in advance.