WiMAX / LTE EPS-AKA Key Generation

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Oct 3 01:54:27 CEST 2020

On Oct 2, 2020, at 4:47 PM, Benjamin Thompson <b.thompson at latera.ru> wrote:
> I am writing to ask whether anyone has any advice or scripts etc. to
> generate the Authentication Vector (AUTN, RAND, XRES, and KASME) for LTE
> authentication.

  Anything we know about is in the server source.  :(

> The documentation I have found is:
>
> About the keys:
> https://portal.3gpp.org/desktopmodules/Specifications/SpecificationDetails.aspx?specificationId=2296
> -> 3GPP TS 33.401 V16.3.0 (2020-7) Page 24
>
> About the RADIUS attributes:
> http://wimaxforum.org/Document/Download/WMF-T33-001-R022v05_Network-Stage3-Base
> -> Page 1309
>
> I am looking to implement this but it would be great if someone has already
> done it and can help me on my way.

  As with most 3G specs, they're fairly complex.  And not easy to understand.

  It's probably fairly easy to update the WiMAX dictionaries with the latest WiMAX attributes.

  My $0.02 would be to put the relevant calculations into rlm_wimax.  Once you understand the specs, the code shouldn't be *too* bad.

  We're happy to help answer questions about FreeRADIUS.  But I can't promise to spend days reading through 3G specs.  If you can supply patches, we're more than happy to add them to the server.