WiMAX / LTE EPS-AKA Key Generation

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Oct 4 22:17:01 CEST 2020

On Oct 4, 2020, at 2:02 PM, Peter Lambrechtsen <peter at crypt.nz> wrote:

> This sounds a lot like EAP-AKA or EAP-AKA Prime and I thought there was
> work underway for it to be included in v4.

  EAP-AKA and AKA' are in v4.  So maybe much of the calculations can be back-ported from there.

> I would say putting effort into getting it working in v4 as part of a
> rap-aka / aka’ is more worthwhile than back porting it to v3.\

  If the WiMAX stuff is independent of EAP-AKA, then it may be worth back-porting it.  If it's just EAP-AKA, then we would have to think about it.  Back-porting things from v4 is becoming difficult at this point.