No response to status-server but radtest status ok

Arnaud LAURIOU arnaud.lauriou at renater.fr
Fri Oct 9 14:41:42 CEST 2020

Hi,

On our eduroam FR proxy, we had a home_server in a dead state for several
hours. All status-server requests sent seemed to go unanswered.

During this period, I checked this home_server status with radtest : got
answers !

I tried to get this host alive by radmin: it fell back to zombie and
dead states again.

The only solution found to revive this home_server : restart the FR
process on our
proxy and the home_server remain to alive state.

So, here are my questions :

- Why the status-server requests sent by FR in dead state did not get
answered,
while those sent by radtest get response ?

- Is there a way to force a revive from a dead state even with
unanswered status-server
requests ?

Regards,

Arnaud Lauriou