Credentials differ when proxying

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 19 17:45:09 CEST 2020

> On Oct 19, 2020, at 11:39 AM, Julien COCHENNEC <julien.cochennec at ac-orleans-tours.fr> wrote:
> I have a server A proxying requests to server B (having LDAP enabled), and a client C requesting A.
>
> When I try to connect from A to B with radclient it works. Logs say :
>
> Login OK: [blabla2] (from client rad1-eee port 0)

  That's good.

> When I try to connect from C to A :
>
> Login incorrect (ldap: Bind credentials incorrect: Invalid credentials): [blabla2/?Q?#%?????)[~???dW???ŝ7?g-m?[˵] (from client rad1-eee port 0)

  And that's the same problem people have seen for 20 years.

  The shared secret is wrong.

> I don't get why the credentials differ while proxying, which conf file should I check to understand this?
> Is this part coming from an ldap conf problem or from radiusd.conf problem?

  The password is coming from the client.

> Here's the site-available/default file content :

  Why?  *all* of the documentation says to post the output of "radiusd -X".  And all of the documentation says "don't post configuration files".

  If you run the server in debugging mode as ALL of the documentation says, it will TELL YOU what's wrong.