RADIUS TOTP Setup

Nemanja Simpraga nsimpraga at iolap.com
Fri Oct 23 15:31:34 CEST 2020

Greetings,

I am working on a TOTP authentication method setup with FreeRADIUS. For starters, I'd just like to generate a static user which uses TOTP (Time-based One-Time Passwords) to authenticate against the server.
My company uses BitWarden which has an integrated Authenticator feature which can generate TOTP tokens which you can use for passing MFA challenges and logging in.
Is it possible to have a user defined in RADIUS which is bound to a BitWarden token generator in some way? We do the same thing for accounts in our directory. The codes MSFT generates for their intended MSFT Auth mobile app I put into the BitWarden token generator to bind those accounts to the generator.
After that I can use the codes from BitWarden to pass the MFA challenge and sign in.

I've read about multiOTP and LinOTP but I can't seem to understand how they fit into this picture.
Am I going in the right direction with this? Is this BitWarden setup possible?

I am still quite new to FreeRADIUS, so bear with me. Thank you!

Best regards,

[cid:image001.png at 01D6A951.934B5080]
[cid:image002.png at 01D6A951.934B5080]<https://www.facebook.com/iOLAPInc/>       [cid:image003.png at 01D6A951.934B5080] <https://twitter.com/iolapinc>         [cid:image004.png at 01D6A951.934B5080] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/iolap/>         [cid:image005.png at 01D6A951.934B5080] <https://iolap.com/>
NEMANJA ŠIMPRAGA
System Network Administrator
[cid:image006.png at 01D6A951.934B5080]   nsimpraga at iolap.com<mailto:nsimpraga at iolap.com>
    +385 95 922 71 70