EAP-TTLS works for MacOS supplicants but not Win10

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 16 03:56:08 CEST 2020

On Sep 15, 2020, at 6:49 PM, Evan Sharp <evan.sharp at coastmountainacademy.ca> wrote:
>> The CA cert used by FreeRADIUS isn't configured on the Windows machine.
>
> Does that cert come pre-configured in MacOS and ChromeOS?

  No.

> These are BYOD
> computers so I haven't touched them, but all the Mac clients have been
> plug-and-play.

  Someone poked something.

  For the last 3-4 years, OSX will *not* allow users to configure TTLS with certificates via the GUI.  Instead, it has to be done via a mobileconfig file, or provisioning tool.

  So if OSX and Chrome "just work", then it's because someone is configuring it.  They require some kind of configuration changes before they "just work".