Perl script error when testing locally

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 28 15:26:25 CEST 2020

On Sep 26, 2020, at 8:11 PM, HORMAZABAL PI�ONES BARBARA FRANCISCA <bhp001 at alumnos.ucn.cl> wrote:

> Hey Alan, sorry for the trouble. I want debug the script like you told me
> in your first response so I looked into the documentation
> https://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_perl
>
> However it seems that my freeradius is not built because I can't find any
> rlm_perl file. My version of freeradius is "FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.16, for
> host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, built on Apr 17 2019" can you guide me into
> setting the debug for the script?

  The Perl script can print debug information to standard output.  Or to files.  It's just a Perl script.  There's nothing magical about it.

  As for the rlm_perl plugin, see your OS distribution for the correct package.  Or, use the packages at http://packages.networkradius.com

> Another question: In the tutorial there is no need to create any users in
> the users file, however I've seen people setting Auth-Type there, I have
> only modified the perl, default, and inner-tunnel files. Is it necessary to
> use Auth-Type in the users file if the authentication info is in the
> default and inner-tunel files?

  No.

> This is the debug I get when adding "DEFAULT Auth-type := perl" into the
> users file
> (1) eap: Peer sent packet with method EAP PEAP (25)

  You can't do authentication against gmail with PEAP.  It's impossible.
> (6) files: users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 6
> (6)       [files] = ok
> (6)       [expiration] = noop
> (6)       [logintime] = noop
> (6)       [pap] = noop
> (6)     } # authorize = updated
> (6)   Found Auth-Type = Perl
> (6)   Auth-Type sub-section not found.  Ignoring.

  That's pretty clear.  You set "Auth-Type = Perl", but you didn't configure "perl" in the "authenticate" section.

  I'm not sure what you expected it to do there.