Error: /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/mschap[10]: 'winbind' auth not enabled at compiled time

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 6 14:16:39 CEST 2021

On Apr 6, 2021, at 7:55 AM, Pizu <pizpower at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use winbind and having the below error, can someone help?
>
> Error: /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/mschap[10]: 'winbind' auth not enabled at
> compiled time

  The server hasn't been built with winbind support.  Which means that you can't use it.

> Centos Version 7.9
> FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.13

  That's very old.  Use the updated builds at http://packages.networkradius.com

  I don't recall if they are built with winbind.  But it's easy enough to check.  Download them and try to use them.  If you get the same error, it's not supported.