Overrides for sites-available/inner-tunnel

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 13 19:50:14 CEST 2021

On Apr 13, 2021, at 12:47 PM, Roddie Hasan <roddie at krweb.net> wrote:

> This question is kind of Docker-related, but also a general question.
>
> I'm working on a project here (WIP):
> https://github.com/eiddor/cisco-sda-freeradius/
>
> My goal is to include any customized files that a user would need in
> order to get this going.  So far I've got users, clients.conf, and a
> sample docker-compose file.

  We're also happy to take examples and add them to the default configuration.

> The fix is simply to change "if (0)" to "if (1)" on line #335 in the
> post-auth{} section.
>
> Because I'm also including instructions for users to run this in
> Docker, my question is: What's the best way to change this setting
> while keeping the repo simple and also making it easy for Docker users
> to implement.
>
> The way I see it, I have three options:

  If you can set it via an environment variable, you can do:

	if ($ENV{FOO})

  and tell users to set FOO=0 or FOO=1 as they need.

> Are these the only options I have or is there a way to easily override
> this setting from another file?

  You can also do:

	if (${foo})

  and then in the main radiusd.conf file, set:

	foo=1

or

	foo=0

> If I just break out the post-auth{} section and mount it as
> sites-available/inner-tunnel will the other settings in the original
> file disappear, or are they set by default?

  That's really a file-system question.