POD Alternative -

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 21 15:45:26 CEST 2021

On Apr 21, 2021, at 9:40 AM, Gabriel Marais <gabriel.j.marais at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have been talking to a provider in the UK around facilitating POD
> on our APN but they have advised that they don't support POD on their
> IoT framework as a standard.

  It's not like the relevant standards are a decade old/ :)

> They however mentioned that some of their
> clients use "mid-session access reject" - something that I have never
> heard of before and thinking logically, the only reject I know of
> would be during the Authentication process, but maybe I just haven't
> heard nor seen anything like that before.
>
> Does anyone know what "mid-session access reject" means and/or how it works?

  It doesn't exist.  It doesn't work.  I've never heard of it before.  They don't know what they're talking about.

  Ask them to explain in detail how it works.  If the answer makes sense, then it's already part of the RADIUS standard, and FreeRADIUS can do it.

  If the answer doesn't make sense, then they're not dong it, and it doesn't work.