Using RFC 5997 / Status in Module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 21 16:58:37 CEST 2021

On Apr 21, 2021, at 10:40 AM, g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch wrote:

> We wrote a Freeradius module which collects data over some less reliable
> protocol (talking to property management systems / PMS).
>
> It would be very handy if we could add some PMS related data (e.g.
> connection fail count) to the server's status response.
>
> Is there some documentation / best practice examples on how to implement
> this?

  There's not a lot of documentation on "how to do coding in FR".  That being said, this shouldn't be terribly difficult.

  Your module can detect that the packet is Status-Server by looking at

	request->packet->code == PW_CODE_STATUS_SERVER

  See src/main/stats.c for some sample code which look for attributes, and then creates attributes in the reply.