Stale Sessions & other

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Apr 22 13:41:03 CEST 2021

On Apr 21, 2021, at 9:11 PM, mohamed almeshal <mohammed.almeshal at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  *   what I mean with implement SQL query in default config file is just to have slight easy way to fetch data rather than write query that target radacct or radpostauth , it's works for me but is that slow the radius server performance or not .

  The default configuration has queries which run in certain situations, and which do specific things.  You can't just add a query to "do stuff".

  What you can do is write a stored procedure which runs to add a new session.  It can check for existing sessions, and close them.

  We don't include such stored procedures in the default configuration because (a) they're not trivial to write, and (b) they are likely to be different for every environment.

  It might be easier to just run a periodic cron job.

>  *   I have mikrotik multiple NAS that connected via Radsec I discover something strange ( when I disconnect single user from the radius  the mikrotik response to send NAS-REQUEST for disconnect but when I disconnect multiple users via radius or from mikrotik it self the stale sessions are develop and No NAS-REQUEST is sent , my concern is that bug in mikrotik or freeradius has something to do with this issue .

  If the NAS doesn't send a disconnect message, then blame the NAS>

>  *   last question : I want to redirect expire user to portal page normally it's done by FRAM-POOL that mikrotik redirect it via firewall but that may cause issues in mikrotik , I discover Wisrp-redirect but it's only work for hotspot users and it's not work fine by mikrotik My question is how I can manage to do that as practical way for hotspot and broadband users .

  Ask Mikrotik how their products work.  I don't use Mikrotik, and I have no idea how they work.