MSCHAP No logon servers are currently available

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 12 14:46:02 CEST 2021

On Aug 12, 2021, at 5:49 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Please read :
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_Freeradius_against_Active_Directory
> This one is at the moment the only page with the complete info you need..
> (for this error)
>
> @Alan,
> These pages are not fully correct.
> http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html
> Its not complete. (sorry).. You did add the part about :  ntlm auth = mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only
> Just, im not seeing these parts. :  --allow-mschapv2
> Which is key to make it work.

   When did that change?

  That page has been up for 15 years.  i.e. before Samba changed its behavior.

> https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/freeradius-active-directory-integration-howto
> Also i see incorrect SMB.conf settings and both are missing the part to use NTLMv2.

  Well, the Wiki is editable.

> The link to the samba wiki contain all needed info for the freeradius part.
> For the smb.conf part, that depends if its a stand alone samba server of domain member/AD-DC.
>
> Updating these could save you lots of message in the list. ;-)

  The wiki is editable.  We also accept pull requests for the module configurations.

  We don't troll through every program / library used by FreeRADIUS, to see if they changed their behavior.  We mostly rely on people to tell us, and to update the docs.