Required Integration step freeRadius with RSA SecureID 8.4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 18 14:11:18 CEST 2021

On Aug 18, 2021, at 7:55 AM, Das, Debjit via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Need some help to integrate freeRadius with RSA SecureID 8.4.
>
> RSA secureID 8.4 used for dual factor authentication, we want to enable free radius capabilities like agent and proxy authentication.
>
> We are building our New Radius Server utilizing FreeRadius running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9 (Maipo), thus we would kindly request you to provide us the steps to integrate RSA AM 8.4 P6 with FreeRadius running on RHEL platform.

  You will have to download the source, and build it manually.  The binary packages do not contain the rlm_securid module.

  See src/modules/rlm_securid/README

  What is NOT available is "the steps to integrate RSA AM 8.4 P6 with FreeRadius running on RHEL platform."  We do NOT provide documentation on every possible configuration, on every possible operating system.  Instead, we document how the server works, and rely on the reader to understand the documentation, and to put the pieces together.

  You should ask specific questions about specific problems you have.  Make it clear that you've read the documentation and are following it.

  Asking questions like "please give me a complete guide for exactly what I want" is wrong.  You might as well ask for a magic button which fixes everything when you press it.  Such things do not exist.