trying to override the pam_auth attribute

Jonathan Davis jonathan at prioritycolo.com
Wed Aug 25 00:07:55 CEST 2021

I'm trying to override the pam_auth attribute which is set in:
mods-enabled/pam

In that file I read the following note:

         #  Note that any Pam-Auth attribute set in the 'authorize'
         #  section will over-ride this one.

I've tried adding it to the authorize section of a virtual-server but
get the following error when starting freeradius -X

server default { # from file /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default
/etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default[329]: Entry is not a reference
to a module
/etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default[283]: Errors parsing authorize
section.

The only other authorize I could think of which might be the authorize
section referenced is: mods-config/files/authorize

But not sure how to add it, as it's not a check item for a user, and I
don't want to set it as a default?

End goal is based on clients, change the pam_auth to load different
/etc/pam.d/ files that specify different yubikey_mappings files.

Thank you,
  JOnathan