trying to override the pam_auth attribute

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 25 01:21:24 CEST 2021

On Aug 24, 2021, at 6:07 PM, Jonathan Davis <jonathan at prioritycolo.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to override the pam_auth attribute which is set in: mods-enabled/pam
>
> In that file I read the following note:
>
>         #  Note that any Pam-Auth attribute set in the 'authorize'
>         #  section will over-ride this one.
>
> I've tried adding it to the authorize section

  How?  What did you do?

> of a virtual-server but get the following error when starting freeradius -X
>
> server default { # from file /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default
> /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default[329]: Entry is not a reference to a module
> /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default[283]: Errors parsing authorize section.

  So... what's on line 329 of the file /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default?

> The only other authorize I could think of which might be the authorize section referenced is: mods-config/files/authorize

  No.

> But not sure how to add it, as it's not a check item for a user, and I don't want to set it as a default?

  So.. what did you do?

  How can we help you if you give us as little information as possible?

  See "man unlang" and all of the virtual servers for how to add attributes.  You can't just invent stuff and drop it into the configuration files.  It looks like that's what you've done.

  Instead, you have to read the documentation.  You have to use the documented syntax to do things.

  And please, if you make changes to the config and it errors out, PLEASE tell us what changes you made.  That's the only way we can help you.

  When you keep things secret, it makes it much more difficult for us to help you.