802.1X - ntlm, Secure LDAP and dynamic vlan

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 25 14:00:20 CEST 2021

On Aug 24, 2021, at 11:04 PM, Ray Burquest <rburquest at respiro.com.au> wrote:
> I couldn't locate the NAS documentation could you provide the link.

  I don't know what NAS you have.  You do.

  When someone asks "how do I make the NAS do X", then the answer is usually "read the NAS documentation".

  We can help with questions about FreeRADIUS.  We don't keep documentation (or even links to documentation) for the many thousands of different pieces of NAS equipment.

> Also, where do I configure the process to select the auth method based on domain?

  You read the documentation and examples.

  There is no magic button saying "configure what I want".  FreeRADIUS has a large number of configuration options, all of which are extensively documented.

  If you want to write some if / then / else rules to do something, then you need to understand your requirements and the "unlang" syntax.  Then, just write the rules.  If you're not sure how the server works, run  it in debug mode.

  Generally, authentication methods are selected by setting the Auth-Type attribute.  See the examples in sites-available/default to know more.

  And domains are represented as strings, in the User-Name attribute.  You can compare strings with regular expressions.  See "man unlang".