User Class

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 26 20:40:57 CEST 2021

On Aug 26, 2021, at 11:57 AM, Pizu <pizpower at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently on the MySQL database the class is remaining NULL and in the log
> files the class is being written mixed numbers/letters.
>
> log file:
>
> Class = 0x5253534f2d49542d4e6574776f726b696e67

  the Class attribute is defined to be binary data.  So it won't get printed as ASCII text.  It will always get printed as hex data.

> Is it possible to write the actual value in the database and in the log
> file?

  It is writing the actual data.

  As for why Class isn't in the DB, run the server in debug mode to see what it's doing.  If the Class attribute is in the Accounting-Request packets, then it will be written to the DB.

  My guess is that the "log file" you refer to is for Access-Accept packets.  It helps to give enough information that people can help you.  The more vague your questions are, the more vague the answers will be.