Problem with multiple clients.conf

Klemen forneci forneci at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 10:05:50 CEST 2021

Hello.

In my environment (migrated from v2 to v3) I have multiple clients defined:

client net {
    ipaddr    = 192.168.0.0
    netmask   = 16
    secret    = removed
    shortname = mass
    nastype   = other
}

client hivemanager {
    ipaddr    = 192.168.1.1
    netmask   = 24
    secret    = removed_2
    shortname = HM
    nastype   = other
}

This configuration works on the v2. On the v3, the problem is that i'm
getting a incorrect secret error:

Dropping packet without response because of error: Received packet
from 192.168.1.15 with invalid Message-Authenticator!  (Shared secret
is incorrect.)

Like the package is managed by client NET and not hivemanager (the
secrets are not the same). Is there a order in which the clients must
be listed inside the configuration file (finds the first and ignores
the others)?

Best regards,
Klemen