standard attributes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 9 20:45:55 CET 2021

On Feb 9, 2021, at 2:37 PM, Hassan, Hazem (Nokia - EG/Cairo) <hazem.hassan at nokia.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to include both standard attributes and VSAa on Freeradius running on Centos7?

  All attributes are defined by name.  Whether it's a RFC attribute or a VSA doesn't make any difference.

> The below path doesn’t have any dictionaries
>
> [root at host-80-194-79-145 share]# cd /usr/share/
> [root at host-80-194-79-145 share]# ls | egrep dictionary

  The "ls" command is only looking at the current directory.  It's not doing a recursive search.

> I am asking because after installation , I get the below error while trying to start "radiusd -X"
> [root at host-80-194-79-145 share]# radiusd -X
> FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.13

  You should really be using 3.0.21.  It has a number of fixes with respect to systemd.

> Copyright (C) 1999-2017 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors
> There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE
> You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
> GNU General Public License
> For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYRIGHT
> Starting - reading configuration files ...
> including dictionary file /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary
> including dictionary file /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.dhcp
> including dictionary file /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.vqp
> Errors reading /etc/raddb/dictionary: dict_init: /etc/raddb/dictionary[30]: Couldn't open dictionary "/usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.nokia19.txt": No such file or directory

  The default configuration doesn't have "dictionary.nokia19.txt""

  Someone edited the dictionary and broke it.  Don't do that.

  Revert to the default dictionaries, and it will work.