Problem with EAP Identity

Kacper Wirski kacper.wirski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:18:19 CET 2021

I've seen similiar behaviour on some ubiquiti switches, when port had
"MAC authentication bypass" enabled and connected client was 802.1x
aware (e.g. windows PC with eap/peap).

What would sometimes happen is that when client for whatever reason
didn't provide identity fast enough (depending on switch timeouts for
802.1x), and port had mac-auth-bypass enabled ,switch goes on with
MAC-auth (as seen in the first acces-requeste),  but then later
connected client cathes on and sends it's reply to EAP-request-identity,
so switch changes user-name.

Maybe it's similar scenario? Check if MAC authentication bypass is
enabled on Your switch's port or not (depending what You wish to achieve).

Regards,

Kacper