Using REST to Original COA

Mohammad Mahefooz mahefooz at crashcoding.in
Sat Jul 3 21:39:59 CEST 2021

Yes, we can generate CoA request from REST server, but the question is where to send it. As Alan said, FR isn't a REST client, and CoA is a trigger from REST server side, I believe we can send it when REST server gets Access-Request or Accounting-Request from FR. And further question is that do we need to generate entire CoA request starting from update coa/disconnect {...} or do we need to just send attributes? ---- On Sun, 04 Jul 2021 01:02:02 +0530  peter at crypt.nz  wrote ----On Sun, 4 Jul 2021 at 07:28, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:>>> > On Jul 3, 2021, at 3:21 PM, Mohammad Mahefooz <mahefooz at crashcoding.in>> wrote:> >> > As we are using REST module to handle AAA, planning to use the same to> originate COA as well. While going through the archives, found that Alan> suggested, we can use rest module in originate coa virtual server.The issue> is how to configure it. Usually for AAA, we define the rest module with> connect uri, method (get or post), parameters etc. And these gets triggered> when FR sends request to REST server. But in the case of originate coa, as> the trigger will come from REST server side,>>   FreeRADIUS isn't a REST client.>> > what all REST server need to send and how FR will handle it?>>   The REST server needs to send a CoA packet/>Or write a small webserver in python using flask to then make the CoArequests. Less than 30 lines of code to do that. Or tinyradius is a greatJava library that works too.> > And I believe trigger will happen when getting Accounting packet post> from FR to REST server, do we need to send COA parameters as reply to the> same Accounting request? Read the entire originate coa file multiple times,> but still couldn't understand how to resolve this.>>   If the accounting information is in SQL, see> raddb/sites-available/coa-relay>>   If the accounting data isn't in SQL, you'll have to find the data, and> manually add the necessary attributes.>>   Alan DeKok.>>>> -> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See> http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html-List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html