Monitor FreeRadius server and Features

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Sun Jul 4 19:56:55 CEST 2021

On 04.07.21 17:02, luke devon via Freeradius-Users wrote:
> Hi,
> How can we identify what supposed to be monitored in FreeRadius apart from System related features like CPU/MEM/HDD space ...etc.
> Is it possible to get a list like this?
> Service: Network Policy Server CPU and Memory UsageAccounting: Accounting-Requests/secAccounting: Accounting-Responses/secAccounting: Server Reset TimeAccounting: Server Up TimeAuthentication: Access-Accepts/secAuthentication: Access-Challenges/secAuthentication: Access-Rejects/secAuthentication: Access-Requests/secAuthentication: Bad Authenticators/sec
> Thanks in advanceLuke
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

You can use the radmin program to get all the fault and performance data
from freeradius. See man radmmin.

Now you can write a script that extracts the numbers you are interested
in, from the radmin output. Either your monitoring system can read these
values directly from the radius server or you can use the extend feature
from net-snmp. Every monitoring system can read SNMP values.

You also could encode the output of radmin in JSON, have a extend in
net-snmp where this json is published. Modern monitoring systems can
read the text and parse the values out of the JSON .

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München