axis audio module and EAP-TLS

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 19 14:02:24 CEST 2021

On Jul 19, 2021, at 3:42 AM, Giovanni Venturi <gventuri at nexera.it> wrote:
> And I'm a bit confused how to configure it to make it work with an AXIS P8221 I/O Audio Module.

  The screen shot you posted shows EAP-TLS.  Which doesn't use passwords like YEAP.

> In the section 802.1X I uploaded the certificate I geneated with freeradius Makefile from the directory /etc/raddb/certs/
>
> I uploaded the CA certificate and the clients one and client ons plus the key.

  Then it should work.

> But when I have to set the EAPOL version, EAP identity and password I don't know what specify and how to configure freeradius to match that parametes.

  The EAP identity should be the "common name" from the certificate.

  The password is the password for the client certificate private key.  See the client.cnf file for examples.

> Can someone help me?
>
> I tryed to configure a simply user with a password into /etc/raddb/mods-config/files/authorize :
>
> testing Cleartext-Password := "password"

  That won't work for EAP-TLS.

> And using a freeradius client from an ArchLinux client it works doing command line call.

  Which isn't using EAP-TLS.  Read the debug output to see.