sqlippool and exhausted pool

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 19 20:37:46 CEST 2021

On Jul 19, 2021, at 2:11 PM, Alberio Mirko <mirko.alberio at telemar.it> wrote:
> we enabled the interim-update on a sigle nas and captured the packets, now the Interim-request are being sent and received by the radius,
>
> another doubt: should radius update the expiry_time  of the users connecting via that NAS in the radippool table when an interim update is received?

  Yes.  That's what the default configuration does, for a large number of reasons.

  Think about it this way... do you want the IP to expire 30 seconds after FreeRADIUS gets an update packet?  Even if there's no "stop" packet?  What would happen if the IP expired like that?

  The default configuration and queries *work*.