Disable accounting logging

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 4 14:49:48 CEST 2021

On Jun 4, 2021, at 8:27 AM, Patrick Oberli <patrick.oberli at ost.ch> wrote:
> I'm currently trying to disable accounting logging on a Freeradius 3.0 installation, which I exclusively use as an eduroam radius proxy (https://wiki.geant.org/display/H2eduroam/freeradius-sp).
> On my old 2.x installation I did not get any accounting logging, but I don't know why it is generated now in 3.0.
> My configuration of the sites-enabled/eduroam is exactly as shown at that site. The accounting section looks like this:
>        accounting {
>        }

  That's nice.  See http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  We don't need to see configuration files.  We need to see debug output.

> The accounting log is now filling my disk

  WHAT accounting log?  The server can produce many different kinds of outputs.  If you know what logs are produced, you know what module produced them.  And then you know how to disable them.

> (it's also not compressed, unlike the radius.log file). I don't need the accounting logs as there should be no accounting at all.
> The only other link in sites-enabled is the default file. I did uncomment the word "detail" in the accounting section there and restarted the service, but it continued to log accounting information.

  If only there was some kind of debug output which could help here.