Hard coding number of radius process.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 8 15:35:34 CEST 2021

On Jun 8, 2021, at 9:31 AM, Юрий Иванов <format_hub at outlook.com> wrote:
> My perl module using threads (for sharing variables) and threaded perl is more slower as we all know (Maybe its better idea to use IPC pipes btw).
> FreeRadius has thread pool section where number of processes can be controlled

  The "thread pool" section controls the number of *threads*.  Not "processes".

> What do you think if I set start_servers = 64 and max_servers = 64?

  It should be fine.  People were running FreeRADIUS with hundreds of threads in 2005.

> As I understand now radius will start 64 process at start time and in this case all my rlm_perl processes will not share state but looks like it will not needed because overall number of processes will be eq to 64 and not die and will not lost data.

  No, FreeRADIUS will start 64 threads.  And the rlm_perl modules will all be able to communicate with each other.

> FreeRADIUS because tries will not to maintain servers to handle the current load.

  I have no idea what that means.