Hard coding number of radius process.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jun 8 16:50:49 CEST 2021

On Jun 8, 2021, at 10:38 AM, Юрий Иванов <format_hub at outlook.com> wrote:

> Looks like idea with static threads is not bad, thanks.
>
> Here more granular description.
> Prerequisites: perl based module.
> FreeRadius by default runs 12 child threads and on excessive load spawns more up to 32 threads.
> When the load drops FreeRadius kills additional processes down to minimum 12 process.

  Again... there are no extra "processes" in FreeRADIUS. If your system is creating processes, then it's your code.  Not FreeRADIUS.

> As the result we have 12 "static" threads and 20 floating processes.

  I have no idea what a "floating process" is.

> I want to accumulate some buffer inside each module without using perl threads (because its slow) so I want to set min max servers to 32.
> As the result I always have 32 perl instances and in this case communication between threads not needed at all.
> Now inside each process I can create buffer which will not be lost because of dynamic process creation.

  There is no dynamic process creation in FreeRADIUS.

  If your Perl code is creating processes and then not cleaning them up, that's your Perl code.  It's not FreeRADIUS.  We can't fix your code.